Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Guess My Word-Sight Word Introduction with Technology!

During my first year of teaching I used something called "Guess My Word" to introduce our new sight words.  My kiddos loved it and so did I, but I saw a technology integration idea in it! So, I created a powerpoint for each sight word so we could play "Guess My Word" on our SMART board. :) The kiddos LOVE it!  You can also use it just on a computer that is projected onto a TV or a screen. 
I've posted a pack of 50 with instructions on my Teachers Pay Teachers site.  The 50 words included are the 50 we teach in kinder.  See the list here!  You can also download a preview file that has instructions and one powerpoint file for the sight word "like."
Here's a screenshot of the first slide.

All you do is click on the letter the student "guesses."  If it's right it links to a slide with a smiley face.  If it's wrong it links to a slide with a sad face.  The star always takes you back to the first slide.  When you're done, click on the checkmark to check your work.  {When we check ours I let them whisper scream the word. :) They LOVE it!}

If you like the idea but have different sight words you teach, I would be more than happy to create them for your list!  Just shoot me an email {laceykyates@gmail.com} or comment here with your list and I'll get to work on it!


2 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! My kiddos love the Smartboard!

    I am your newest follower and would love for you to visit me when you get the chance! =)



    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am new to the blogging world, but am LOVING it to say the least! I am following you now too. Love your fun Hunting for Magic e freebie! :)
      -Lacey

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...